Founded in 2015 on the principles of self-reliance and non-aggression, AnarCon is a celebration of liberty, self-expression, and knowledge sharing. It’s a place to connect with like-minded individuals, learn something new, share skills, and have a little fun.
Grab your camping gear, bathing suit, guns for the range, and road trip buddy, and join us in celebrating AnarCon’s 7th year!
Agorists, Artists, and Educators Welcome!
Anyone is welcome to set up a booth or table and bring your wares. There are no vendor fees! If you’re interested in participating, please email email@example.com with information regarding your business or wares. We can add you to the vendor list.
If you’re an artist and would like to share your talents, we’d love to hear from you. Whether you spin fire, play music, dance, or perform spoken word, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can add you to our program.
If you’d like to put together a workshop, teach a class, or share a skill, we’d love to provide space and time for you to present. Please email info[at]anarcon[dot]com with information regarding your presentation.
Honey Badger Burn
The honey badger is our mascot, and rightfully so! Every year we come together as a community to build an effigy in honor of the past year. Then we burn it! It’s a practice of release of renewal (plus it looks cool). Building the badger is a group process and anyone can pitch in. Look for Burn Captain, Michael, for instructions on where to start building and how to safely contribute. Bring something to burn or come ready to help build.
Remember when we said to bring your guns? We weren't kidding! On Sunday we roll out as a group to practice the art of self-defense. Arms Master, Kurt will meet with everyone beforehand to provide a firearms safety course, shooting tips, and lessons to newbies. He's also the person to go to if you're interested in building your own gun. So if you've never fired a gun before this is the perfect place and opportunity with friends to learn how.
AnarCon takes place at Camp 6 at The Cove Camground in Gore, Virginia. The Cove is a privately owned, certified tree farm and features 3,000 acres of mountain, water, and forests for recreation. It boasts a lake and beach, bathrooms, rental cabins, target range, and trails for motorcycles, ATVs, hiking, and bicycling.
There is no admission fee for AnarCon, however a general admission fee to The Cove is due at the main office upon arrival. For each 24-hour stay, the fee is $20 for adults and $10 for children under 12. No reservations are needed for camping. For those wanting to participate in the target range, there is an additional $10 fee. Range fee wristbands must be purchased on the day of shooting.
Family & Community Friendly
AnarCon is a family and pet friendly event. As such, please be mindful of others. We also practice Leave No Trace and host a clean-up session on Sunday before visiting the target range. Let’s leave the campground the same way we found it!
This is AnarCon’s tentative schedule. It will continue to fill out leading up to the event, so check back often!
FRIDAY, AUGUST 6TH
- 6 p.m. | Meet & Greet Mixer provided by the Lysander Spooner Whiskey Brigade
- 7:30 p.m. | Open Mic on stage
- J.Com sings "Normie"
- M4 sings Freedom, Alien, and Prophet 4 Profts
SATURDAY, AUGUST 7TH
- 12:30 - 2 p.m. | AnarCon Talks
- Peter Quinones
- Michael Tozoni, "The Future is Bitcoin
- Michael Shanklin
- Rachel Blackfyre, "Concious Market Anarchism: Voting With Your Dollar"
- 2 p.m. | Group photo at the Liberty Stage
- 2:15 p.m. | Workshops at the Liberty Stage
- 3D for 2nd with Michael Tozoni. Come check out a demonstration on how to 3D print a gun!
- 6 p.m. | Live DJ all night by The Bass Club
- 8:30 p.m. | Honey Badger effigy burn and all night party till sunrise
- 9 p.m. | Fireworks!
SUNDAY, AUGUST 8TH
- 10 a.m. | Clean up! Let's leave the campground the same way we found it
- 11 a.m. | The Great Joel Salatin will be joining us! His talk will be on 'Food Security Through Freedom': Much of our society thinks food security and safety come from government oversight, more regulations, and incentive payments. But in truth, this policy created a system of nutrient deficiency, super-bugs, and fragility. The solution is to re-imbed the butcher, baker, and candlestick maker in our food sheds, to Uberize our food system and unleash the innovative entrepreneurial power of choice in food production and processing. "Who owns my body?” is the ultimate question.
- 1 p.m. | Ron Paul Militia meet & greet before range time by the campfire, and firearms workshop with Arms Master, Kurt
- 1:30 a.m. | Depart for the range. Make sure to stop by the main office to pick up a $10 wristband first
- 2 p.m. | Muster at the Gun Range!
We are welcoming to anyone who values the Non-Aggression Principle, property rights, and working towards personal discovery.
We encourage personal growth through learning and honing new skills.
Be part of a growing tribe who value autonomy and cooperation.
Our Guest Speakers
The one and only "Christian libertarian environmentalist capitalist lunatic farmer"! Joel Salatin's talk will be on 'Food Security Through Freedom'.
Peter R Quiñones, Co-Exec Producer of The Monopoly on Violence Documentary and host of Free Man Beyond the Wall podcast will be with us all weekend for AnarCon!
Michael Tozoni will be giving a talk on 'The Future is Bitcoin.' If you were still on the fence about crypto-currency, or have questions about how any of it works, Michael is the guy to talk to!
Vendors can be found all over the campsite. Our vendor list is starting grow. Message us to be added!
Family-friendly pets welcome
Our Amazing Team
Thank you to the many volunteers that help make AnarCon an unforgettable experience! Below are points of contact who will help make sure your weekend is amazing. If you’re interested in volunteering or helping with scheduled events, please contact info[at]anarcon[dot]com.
Master of Ceremonies
Your first point of contact for adventure. I'm here to make sure your cup runneth over with one of the best weekends of the year.
Kurt tinkers with machines, sharpens his maind, sculps his life. No Arms? Let him guide you through the Khyber Pass safely.
Let's keep the fire roaring all weekend, especially on burn night. We'll need all the wood you can find for the honey badger effigy.
Chief of Security
As the great Warrior Poet, Ice Cube, once said, "If the day does not require an AK then it is good," so don't make me have to use mine on you.
Let's light up the night sky! Seek me out if you have fireworks you'd like to add to the staging area or want to help set them up.
Lord of Bass
Me and my gang are here to take you to another dimension with music.
Smile! I'm here to photograph amazing moments. Let me know if you want your picture taken!
Emissary of Liberty
State organizer for the LP Mises Caucus of Virginia. Make sure to let him know what you think of voting! No King But Christ!